Tuesday, November 29, 2011

EDP (extremely disorganized post)

I've been Pinterest'd. I have no idea how/why it took my so long to discover the beauties and distractions of this website, but now that I have, I can't get away. (And I thought Facebook was addicting...PS: I get to sign on next week!) DIY tutorials, wedding ideas, funny quotes, delicious food. How could I stay away? Because of the site, I've made a nine-to-ten item list of the crafts I plan to do during Christmas break. I'm becoming one of those girls, and it's a tad bit shameful.

I also drove for the first time today in about five years. I know I'll sound like a five-year-old by saying this, but driving's super scary. And I still can't believe I paid that guy $200 to take me out driving for about an hour. The money isn't entirely wasted; he gave me my certificate so I can retrofit the Fit (hehe) with hand controls. I feel like progress toward my eventual independence is being made. First step, driving!

After a horrid Monday of stressing and school, Kate and I have decided to make a new conjoined blog entitled "Things That Matter." When we were supposed to be paying attention to presentations by our fellow classmates last night, we actually made a list of those particular things in life that truly matter and the ones that don't. Sometimes things need to be put into perspective. I don't take a lot of things seriously, and for some reason, people find that a fault. My way of thinking isn't perfect; I know that. But I think dwelling on inconsequential matters in life is dull and pointless. If something is serious, I'll take it seriously. If it's not, I won't.

Last week, my sister and her husband drove down from Utah for the holiday. One night, my mother, Ben, Kelsie and I were discussing my lack of a dating life. What or who should I blame? The IE in general? The boys in single's ward? The competition in single's ward? Me? I wish I could say there were men in my ward that I actually could see myself dating, but I could probably count them on one hand. And like a four-fingered cartoon hand. (And I'm most likely out of their leagues anyway.) Is that my fault? My friend Brandon said it perfectly one night at FHE, "You won't get a date until you've lowered your standards to the lowest they can be." (That was paraphrased.) The guys in single's ward...they're just so...uninteresting. And trust me, I totally understand that dating me comes with complications. Yeah, my legs don't work. What does that mean? Can I hold hands, go to the roller rink, have babies, do the baby-making process? Yes, yes, most likely, and yes. But there are people as weird or maybe even weirder than me who are at least in a relationship. Maybe I just need to leave Redlands. I think I'm just scared that even if I go somewhere else, nothing will change. Is it such a crime that I want to fall in love?

Le sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol online health solutions - tramadol tolerance