Wednesday, May 9, 2012

morbid taxi for an adorable person

Or in other words Death Cab for Cutie!
The concert on Monday night was a spectacularly beautiful eargasm.  Of course, as always, Ben Gibbard, Chris Walla, Nick Harmer and Jason McGerr played a perfect set of songs, each one building up to the next.  But what made this concert so much better than others I've been to was the addition of the Magik*Magik Orchestra and the incredible venue known as the Walt Disney Concert Hall.  Isn't that building lovely?  It was specifically built to have unbelievable acoustics, which made the sound of the band and the orchestra that much better.  Here are a few photos of the concert as well as photos of my besty, Leanne, and I in LA!
Mmm, me right after froyo!


Lee and I in the car!
We're ready for Death Cab!
Ben said that because they were playing with an orchestra
he wants their genre to be changed to "baroque-pop."

Magik*Magik Orchestra






Delicious pineapple drink! I got a free glass, too!


And now for the video I took of them playing Transatlanticism! Gorgeous.

No comments: