Tuesday, May 8, 2012

roses and shrimp

What a combination, eh?

Last night I had the amazing pleasure of seeing Death Cab for Cutie with the Magik*Magik Orchestra at the Walt Disney Concert Hall with my best friend, Leanne.  (Don't worry, photos/videos will be posted tonight!)  Neither of us worked or had school yesterday so we drove down to Los Angeles a little early and spent the windy, sunshine-y day at Universal City Walk.  I had never been there before, but truly, can you ever go wrong with cute little boutiques (where I wanted to buy ALL the clothes), tons of delicious places to eat and my new favorite place ever?
That's right, I might have a new obsession.
It's called Lush.
Now, I normally buy all my bath products at Bath & Body Works because I'm in love with their scents.  Also, they're surprisingly cheap, and we all know (or you do now) that Mandy loves a good deal.  (I love talking about myself in third person.)  Anywho!  The minute I entered this store:
  1.  I started sneezing.
  2. My nostrils were filled with such delightful scents that I knew I'd end up splurging on something. 
It wasn't the scents that made me give in, however.  The guy who was helping me--I can't remember his name...let's call him Tony--showed me their shower scrubs, and I instantly fell in love.  (I totally wanted to buy a bath melt.  Alas, I don't have a bathtub.)

Tony lathered up my arm in this creamy mixture that smelled like roses after rain, and I (awkwardly) couldn't stop smelling my arm.  Or touching it, for that matter.  My skin was incredibly soft for the rest of the day.  The lovely thing about this body scrub is that my skin is so smooth after using it that it basically works as lotion, too! Epic.
After spending at least a half hour (and a little over $30) there, Lee and I suddenly felt famished.  I mean, the only thing I had eaten that day was froyo...I needed sustenance!  It was a toss-up between the Hard Rock Cafe or Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.  My love for shrimp and the movie Forrest Gump totally won.  I had a delicious pineapple drink and the shrimp po' boy...oh goodness, just thinking about it is making my mouth water.  I can't even tell you why but lately I've had this craving for shrimp.  I seriously want it all the time.  Like right now.
Despite spending almost half my checking account, I'd consider the first day of the week an epic success!  I'll upload pictures most likely tonight.  I can't wait to tell you all about the concert!

Mandy

No comments: