Monday, November 14, 2011

Reasons Why I Love The X-Files

  • Interesting plot lines. For instance, the episode I watched today dealt with a secretary who was being protected by her dead boss' ghost. Whenever she was threatened in any sort, he would crush the inside of the person's throat and kill them. Woohoo.
  • The incredible fashion. Who doesn't miss shoulder pads? Well, actually, it's not really shoulder pads I miss, but rather the time when it was okay to wear them. But all the floral makes me pretty excited. I'm a floral whore.
  • Scully. Can you tell me a fictional woman as awesome as her? She's super smart, and it's totally not fair how pretty she is. Stupid redheads. (PS: Did you know she was only 24 when she started the show? Say whaaaat??!)
  • C'mon...the sexual tension is ri-freaking-diculous. I don't know how the die-hard fans of the show handled it for so many seasons. It's like waiting for Chuck and Blair to finally say those three words (and eight letters) to each other on Gossip Girl...and that only took two seasons! The tension between Mulder and Scully....sigh.
  • Let's not pretend that this opening sequence is not the best of all time.
And the best part of this show....
  • David Duchovny....so sexy.

No comments: